搜索
查看: 43075|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

分享一篇关于如何写套磁信的内容

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#楼
发表于 2015-12-1 10:54:56 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
之前在美国教课的时候也收到过不少套磁信,好多都是印度学生的。说实话写得还挺不错的。今天扒出来一篇,大家可以看看,学习一下。当然,别直接用啊,因为印度学生都这个套路,professor们估计一看就看出来了。下文摘自 :申请方论坛。
Dear Professor,

I am a third year undergraduate student in the School of MechanicalSciences, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), India ,considered to be one of the best technical institute in the world. I have always believed that academic knowledge flourishes only when it's applied. I have gone through your article on 'XXXXXXX'. It spoke high of your knowledge and experience, and insisted that the opportunities available in your department will further enhance my knowledge in my fields of study. I am desirous of pursuing an internship in my summer vacations(for approximately 3 months i.e. from May, 2013 to July, 2013) under your esteemed tutelage and hope to gain some knowledge & exposure in this field.

第一段把该交代的都交代了,因为IIT还是挺有知名度的,所以用黑体加粗了。特别是提到了我当时刚发表的一篇文章(虽然实际上谁知道他看没看呢),令我眼前一亮,觉得至少做了功课,是想跟我讨论学术的。

然后把自己的需求也开门见山在第一段明确表达出来了,非常直接。

总体来讲,这个第一段就挺成功的,有亮点(学校),有联系(读了文章),需求明确(做intern),给人的印象很好。

I have undertaken the following relevant Projects inmy institute :

·  Project on 'XXXXXX' -Fluid Mechanicsunder Prof. XXX.

·  Project on 'XXXXXX' based on an Industrial Visit to IndianRailways, Mancheswar Workshop Centre.

·  Developed a GUI based computer program (in MAT-LAB environment)  for simulating the performance of Turbo-Jet Engine under different input parameters.

接着把自己做过的project列出来了,并且列出了reference。其实他做的东西跟我不是特别相关,但是他这种列发显得很真实,也很professional,给人对其学术能力一个不错的评价

Here is the WebLink of my Curriculum Vitae (CV) and I would furnish any other details if necessary later at your convenience. Since I have time up to April 2013 at hand, I can also study any further material suggested by you, if required.

把CV以个人网站的形式加在邮件里,显得也很不错。并且还提到了愿意为了project去学习新的东西,表现了自己的诚意。

I always had a strong aptitude for Mechanical Engineering and I am fully aware of the commitment and perseverance required for Internship and believes that my aptitude and motivation will help me successfully face the challenge to produce worthwhile contribution in this field. I am really interested in carrying out research activities to gain in-depth understanding and practical knowledge of the subjects, to pursue higher education after my graduation in the year 2014.

点名了之后想申请研究生。其实同学们在申请summer intern的时候这一点还挺重要的。因为很多老师不愿意费时间去指导本科生,但如果你之后可能申请成为他的研究生,就不一样了。这也算从教授的心理出发,满足他们潜在的需求吧

Hence I would be extremely grateful if you could kindly apprise me of mychances of obtaining internship under you and inform me of the necessary stepsI need to follow for that.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Looking forward to your earliest reply.

Sincere regards,

XXX

整封信语法什么的没有问题,语言也非常有礼貌,很地道。该表达的都表达到位了,展示了自己的实力,也展示了自己的诚意,我如果不是后来又收到很多相似的邮件(并且他的方向跟我不是很match),真的会推荐给我的老板(我还没有资格招生,笑)

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机访问本页请
扫描左边二维码
         本网站声明
本网站所有内容为网友上传,若存在版权问题或是相关责任请联系站长!
站长联系QQ:12726567   myubbs.com
         站长微信
请扫描右边二维码
www.myubbs.com

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|对外经济贸易大学论坛 ( 琼ICP备12002442号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 21:35 , Processed in 0.039131 second(s), 17 queries .